Friday, December 14, 2012

Housewives!

 "Mom!! I got placed in an MNC!!" I exclaimed with excitement in a phone call. My friends nearby in my room knew the news only when I was talking to my mom over mobile phone. All were happy for my placement and everyone in my family were happy to know the news that I became a software engineer. Yes, first software engineer in my family. I was happy to be tagged by that name. My best friend Durga and I went to Krishna canteen to celebrate our placements.

 All of a sudden, I got engaged too. My marriage is to be held immediately after my studies. Job?? Its obvious that I had to quit my offer, because married life is given high priority in our community. I had a secret plan to get a good position in a good work place, but I found it to be a difficult task to be placed off-campus. So, for now I am tagged as "housewife".

  Housewife. Really tougher task than my secret plan. Working with four months of pregnancy may make me tired physically, but mentally I am tired being housewife. I wonder how my mom, grand-mom and many more ladies achieved this position for several years even without laptop, internet and television boxes. Cooking and house keeping doesn't require one full day; state of boredom filled my day which urged me to read some books occasionally, browse most of the time and made me as a pretty good farmer in Farmville 2. :-) I think I'll have most of the time with my kid in future, but for now I don't want to spend my precious time lavishly instead I'm still proceeding with my secret plan. ;-) God knew how to sail me in the ocean of life, whether in my tough path or in my even more tougher path.

Let me hope for the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment